Associate Scientist III/Scientist I, Neuroscience
The heart of insitro’s strategy is the development of novel, innovative methods in machine learning and high-throughput biology that address key bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. Neurodegenerative diseases in particular are an area of great potential to derive therapeutic benefit for patients using insitro’s platform. The Associate Scientist III/Scientist I, Neuroscience will partner with scientific and project teammates to develop and execute mid/high throughput biochemical/cellular assays, in vitro mechanistic experimentation, and explore novel models to advance early targets through our pipeline. The candidate will work closely with a team of multidisciplinary scientists, automation and software and machine learning engineers to enable key assays/models for target validation and prosecution toward drug development goals. We value a highly collaborative working style centered on effective communication to drive results at a fearless pace. If you are a highly motivated individual and teammate with a strong desire to impact patients in diseases related to neuroscience, we invite you to consider joining our team.
You will be joining a biotech startup with long-term stability due to significant funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for significant impact. You will work closely with a versatile team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- Develop, optimize, and perform cellular assays to support the Neuroscience therapeutic area.
- Culture iPSC-derived cell-types related to your neurological models.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in electronic lab notebook (ELN) and follow all laboratory training and safety requirements
- Evaluate and implement new enabling technologies and methodologies related to assay development and target validation packages.
- Collaborate with colleagues on multi-disciplinary project teams to provide scientific/technical contributions and deliver project goals
- A PhD with one (1) year of experience or BS/MS in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Pharmacology or a relevant scientific field, with a minimum of five (5) years of drug discovery experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting
- Familiarity with coordination and shared documentation (Gsuite, Slack, Smartsheets).
- Experience with the development and execution of cellular assays at mid and high throughput scale, using a wide range of experimental methods and detection technologies including advanced microscopy, immunoassays (IF, ELISA, Biochemical), functional assays (Electrophysiology, MEA, Calcium Imaging).
- Experience in high throughput imaging and assay development from image based systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams to advance drug discovery, with excellent organization and communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience and knowledge of neurological and psychiatric disorders and in vitro models with an emphasis on epileptic, neurodegenerative, and cognitive disorders
- Experience with analysis scripts in python, R and collaborative platforms such as jupyter notebooks.
- Experience with molecular biology and functional genomics techniques such as CRISPR and siRNA.
- Hands-on experience with high throughput automated cell culture and dosing equipment (Echo, Plate washers, Certus, Hamilton, etc), interaction with automation engineers a plus.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits