Business Operations Intern
About Hexagon Bio:
Hexagon Bio leverages a genomics-based platform and understanding of natural product evolution to develop next-generation medicines for human disease. Hexagon Bio's algorithms identify gene clusters that encode the machinery needed to produce specialized metabolites that can be harnessed against human disease targets. Our unique platform allows us to produce new chemical leads based on these findings. We use data science, genomics, synthetic biology, and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily refined small molecules and their cognate targets from fungal genomes.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
As Hexagon’s Business Operations Intern, you'll contribute to the day-to-day onsite administration of our growing company. This dynamic role provides exposure to a variety of functions, including recruiting, employee onboarding, business administration and operations, and facilities. You'll be responsible for supporting recruiting efforts, managing office-related inventory and organization, welcoming visitors, and coordinating meetings and events.
This internship offers a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience within an innovative startup environment. This role is ideal for an organized individual capable of maintaining excellent communication while seamlessly managing a variety of tasks.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts including assisting with job postings, liaising with hiring managers and interview teams, arranging interview schedules and supporting candidate care.
- Support employee onboarding through the coordination of first-week schedules to create a positive onboarding experience for new hires.
- Facilitate filing, office supply management, and distribution of mail to ensure a well-organized workspace.
- Coordinate monthly team-building events to contribute to our vibrant company culture.
- Greet visitors and vendors to foster a professional atmosphere in our workspace.
- Manage and restock snacks and beverages and maintain kitchen equipment to keep the team fueled.
- Liaise with property management for facilities maintenance and janitorial needs.
- Support the coordination of visitor travel, ensuring a seamless experience for guests.
- Ability to work from our office in Menlo Park Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Proficient in GSuite tools; strong scheduling/calendar management skills a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to inform and engage through written communications
- Exceptionally organized with an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to help out wherever needed
This is a non-exempt, 1-year (January - December, 2024) internship for 30-40 hours per week. Onsite attendance in Menlo Park, California is required. The pay range for this intern position is $20 - $28 per hour. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for undergraduate interns for the position across California locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.