Research Associate II/Sr Research Associate, Biochemistry and Drug Discovery
About Hexagon Bio:
Hexagon Bio leverages a genomics-based platform and understanding of natural product evolution to develop next-generation medicines for human disease. Hexagon Bio's algorithms identify gene clusters that encode the machinery needed to produce specialized metabolites that can be harnessed against human disease targets. Our unique platform allows us to produce new chemical leads based on these findings. We use data science, genomics, synthetic biology, and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily refined small molecules and their cognate targets from fungal genomes, and apply medicinal chemistry when needed to optimize these molecules into truly transformative medicines.
Location: Menlo Park, California
We are searching for a high-caliber Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate who is excited to solve scientific questions, interested in discovering new therapeutics, and energized by working with a dynamic, data-driven team. An ideal candidate is motivated to grow scientifically through mentorship from senior staff while upholding a professional, safe environment.
- Design and execute biochemical experiments and cell-based assays
- Explore new assay formats and instrumentation
- Maintain accurate and meticulous records of experimental protocols and data
- Assist in and learn new laboratory operations and techniques
- Strong understanding of protein biochemistry with experience running biochemical assays
- BSc or MSc in biochemistry, chemical biology, or related discipline required
- Outstanding multitasker with a strong desire to learn new skills
- Excellence in written and verbal communication
- Priority will be given to candidates with 2-4 years of post-undergraduate research experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- Knowledge of recombinant protein production/isolation from bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells - preferred
- Proficiency in basic biochemical techniques including gel electrophoresis, spectroscopy, and protein quantification (e.g., Bradford, BCA) - preferred
What We Offer:
- A flexible and dynamic work environment where you pave your own path, Hexagon cultivates employees' unique strengths at all levels and provides mobility across departments.
- Weekly “All Hands Meetings” provide an opportunity to share company and team updates. These meetings are rooted in our value of transparency. They are designed to foster a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and open communication.
- Competitive compensation and a robust benefits package: a comprehensive suite of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans through TriNet, which offers additional voluntary benefits (pet insurance, accident insurance, home & auto insurance, and more).
- Equity and a 401(k) plan.
- Rapid career advancement for driven performers.
- Access to scientific conferences all over the country throughout the year.
- A range of amenities, courtesy of the Menlo Park Labs business park, including shuttle, gym, rock-climbing wall, pool, sports courts, cafe, bike lockers, and free EV charging stations.
- Opportunities to engage with the Hexagon community through team-building events like our monthly Hexagon Happy Hour and holiday parties.
The salary range is dependent on the level of Research Associate level that is hired (Research Associate II and Senior Research Associate). The salary range for this full-time position is $75,000 to $120,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across California locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization, or any other non-merit factors.
Something looks off?