Head of Finance
HEAD OF FINANCE
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As the Head of Finance at Freeform, you will be responsible for company-wide activities regarding strategic finance, corporate development, accounting and purchasing. You will be responsible for setting our financial strategy as a venture capital backed startup that is now generating revenue, and you will ensure a wide variety of things are done including tracking and forecasting company spend, developing financial models for operating and engineering costs, working with our business development team on pricing models, participating in further venture capital fundraises, overseeing vendors and contractors, and maintaining financial/tax compliance. You will also be responsible for working with engineering teams on procurement efforts including identifying critical suppliers for raw material, hardware, and subassemblies, negotiating prices, and ensuring deliveries are met. This is a wide-ranging and high-impact opportunity for someone with a mix of finance, operations, and corporate development experience to work on many aspects of the business and help us scale into a global enterprise.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative individuals who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Forecast and track monthly, quarterly and yearly spending across operations, personnel, consulting and engineering/manufacturing.
- Provide insight into spending trends and recommend areas of improvement to C-level executives.
- Manage spending and strategies to reduce costs related to categories such as capital equipment, industrial supplies, chemicals and raw material, as well as non-engineering categories.
- Support executive team in the fundraising process including target identification, due diligence requests and managing debt facilities.
- Partner with engineering organization to identify, onboard and manage vendors and suppliers; perform price and contract negotiations; manage purchase orders.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual state and federal tax filings and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Manage company banking and legal relationships.
- Project manage tenant improvement initiatives. Coordinate activities with building ownership, legal advisors, city agencies and contractors.
- Perform month-end closing; reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- Strategize and execute ways to improve operational efficiency, reduce spend, and lower costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or engineering.
- 7+ years of professional experience in finance.
- Financial or operational experience working in a hardware, manufacturing, or similar engineering environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business or supply chain.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Experience working in a VC backed, tech startup environment.
- Experience in technical procurement.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar enterprise financial system implementations.
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA).
- Experience working directly with C-level executives and investors.
- “No job too big or small” mindset.
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills.
- We are located in Hawthorne in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles’ vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As an early-stage startup, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $100,000-$250,000, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?