Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FULL STACK)
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to architect and implement custom application software using the latest and greatest in web-tech including Rust, Kubernetes, Typescript/React, and more. The system you develop will provide a completely novel solution for how we track and execute the metal printing process at a truly global scale across thousands of customers and millions of parts (and tons of data!). We are looking for someone with a keen eye for proper systems architecture, who understands how to design for scale, and who is excited about building something from scratch for the first time.
3D printing experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving hard problems and creating amazing technology!
- Architect and implement a state-of-the-art software platform to serve as the cornerstone of the metal printing factory system
- Develop applications to track the state and end-to-end lifecycle of millions of parts across thousands of customers around the world
- Work cross-functionally with other engineering and operations disciplines to gather requirements and solve problems with your code
- Test and deploy applications and services to a variety of environments
- Design highly scalable and resilient systems to meet Freeform’s high quality bar
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficiency writing, deploying, and maintaining production code in an industry-standard language (preferably Rust, Go, or C++)
- Experience writing, deploying, and maintaining web services
- Experience writing applications which interact with databases (Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL)
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience architecting and implementing a custom ERP, MRP, e-commerce, logistics, warehouse management, fleet management, or similar complex software system
- Full stack development experience
- Experience deploying applications to Kubernetes
- Experience with gRPC and protocol buffers
- Familiarity with CI/CD, DevOps, and Build Systems
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from concept, detailed architectural design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery, and maintenance
- Proficient in developing and deploying multi-threaded applications
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- We are located in Hawthorne, CA in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
What We Offer:
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling a world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Relocation assistance provided
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As a growing company, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $140,000-$250,000, inclusive of all levels/seniority within this discipline.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.