Head of People
HEAD OF PEOPLE
Freeform is deploying software-defined, autonomous metal 3D printing factories around the world, bringing the scalability of software to physical production. Our proprietary technology stack leverages advanced sensing, real-time controls, and data-driven learning to produce digitally-verified, flawless parts at unprecedented speed and cost. Our mission is to make the transformative power of 3D printing available to all industries at scale and unlock the future of innovation.
As the Head of People at Freeform, you will partner with company leadership to develop and implement people strategies focused on employee development, employee retention, and overall organizational health. You will provide best practices for human resources policies that support the workforce while allowing the company to operate efficiently in a dynamic environment that is scaling rapidly. You will have the opportunity to build many HR functions from scratch and greatly improve upon functions that have been initially implemented. We are looking for someone with a good executive presence and who has the ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization. You will need to understand how to navigate a fast-paced engineering-focused atmosphere and help the company to both operate as a startup and scale into a global company. This is a high-impact opportunity for a motivated HR professional who wants to be a part of growing an early-stage company into a massive enterprise.
- Act as a key business partner to leadership and employees for all things human resources related
- Work with company leadership to develop people strategies and HR policies
- Identify and implement plans for employee development, engagement, and retention
- Create and improve performance review processes
- Implement HR tools/software when needed
- Oversee and facilitate promotions, transfers, and exits
- Partner with talent acquisition team on recruitment needs and strategies to fill gaps in organizational health
- Promote winning-team mentality and be a champion of Freeform company culture
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- 8+ years of human resources experience
- Understanding of California labor law
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance engineering or tech startup environment
Nice to Have:
- 10+ years of HR experience
- Experience building out an HR function from an early stage
- Experience with employee development, training, and organizational improvement
- Experience developing performance review processes
- Experience navigating employee relations issues, LOA’s, terminations, etc.
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Ability to build positive working relationships with key leaders and stakeholders
- Flexible when it comes to responsiveness and adaptive to an ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are located in Hawthorne, CA in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of Los Angeles' vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth startups and enterprises.
What We Offer:
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning, and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a unique opportunity to be an early and integral member of a rapidly growing company that is scaling world-changing technology.
- Significant stock option packages
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (premium PPO and HMO options)
- Life insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and company holidays
- Generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for the birthing parent
- Free daily catered lunch and dinner, and fully stocked kitchenette
- Casual dress, flexible work hours, and regular catered team building events
- As a growing company, the salary range is intentionally wide as we determine the most appropriate package for each individual taking into consideration years of experience, educational background, and unique skills and abilities as demonstrated throughout the interview process. Our intent is to offer a salary that is commensurate for the company’s current stage of development and allows the employee to grow and develop within a role.
- In addition to the significant stock option package, the estimated salary range for this role is $100,000-$200,000 per year.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.