At Enigma, we believe that the future of the small business economy runs on data. Enigma provides the most comprehensive data about the identity and financial health of nearly every small business in the country. Our customers - fintech, vertical SaaS and lenders - use our unique product to make smarter decisions and to better serve their small business customers.
We are looking to hire a Solutions Engineer to play a key role in driving successful evaluation outcomes with prospective customers. You will design and lead product evaluations with our prospective customers to demonstrate the value of our data across multiple use cases and translate the analysis results successfully to business outcomes.
Proving value is a critical stage in our sales pipeline where customers get their hands on our data and evaluate its potential impact on their business. As an SE, you will be driving the evaluation process working hand-in-hand with sales, customer success and product teams to ensure our prospective customers are seeing maximum value from Enigma’s offerings.
You will work with customers to design evaluations of the data that line up with their unique business challenges. You will then lead the execution of the pilot, ranging from delivering the data to answering technical questions and troubleshooting with the customer. Towards the end of the evaluation, you will partner with the sales team to translate the results of the pilot into ROI terms for the business.
And ultimately, you will help us shape this function as we scale our GTM engine!
We Are Looking for Someone Who Will:
- Become an expert on the product, use cases and industry
- Partner with the evaluation teams at prospective customers to design successful evaluations/pilots of our data
- Drive an efficienct and effective technical evaluation
- Own and lead data analyses to generate insights that drive sales conversations forward
- Work hand-in-hand with sales, customer success and product to develop and execute on customer conversion strategies
- Explain and demo complex data science concepts to business stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for new product features, test with prospects and power a strong feedback loop to inform our product roadmap
What Makes this Job Interesting?
- Product: Enigma’s product is powered by highly differentiated, sought after data covering 40% of all US card transactions
- Timing: You will be joining Enigma at a time of rapid innovation in the GTM organization
- People: The GTM team is highly collaborative (and fun) and the company embodies a people-first culture
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing roles, such as solutions engineering, sales engineering, customer success, or consulting
- Polished, concise communication and presentation abilities
- Ability to build rapport and trust with clients and internal stakeholders
- Prior experience in data analytics, data science, or business analyst positions
- Has proficiency in one or two data wrangling tools for tabular data, ideally SQL, PySpark or Python
- Past experience working in financial services and/or fintech ecosystem is a plus
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $120,000-175,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together.