Senior Full Stack Engineer
This is a critical and exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them and is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates an urgent need to showcase the power of our small business data as we scale our sales and marketing initiatives.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Web team. You will play a central role in designing and building the front- and back-end systems that deliver rich interactions with our data and directly accelerate our sales process.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Web team, you will work with talented software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists to bring our small business data to life. Your team will own Enigma’s website, documentation pages and console. Your impact will be measured by the technical quality of the software you build and the experiences you create.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Engages with software engineers, designers and product managers to create experiences that move a customer from discovery to evaluation to purchase
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested code (we use Python and React)
- Builds web systems end-to-end: from the AWS infrastructure to the front-end and everything in between
- Thrives on a highly collaborative, cross-functional team that plays a critical role in the company’s success
- Is driven to unlock the potential of data to positively impact the real world
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge: you will use a broad range of technologies to build compelling customer experiences with low costs of ownership for a rapidly evolving product
- Multifaceted Role: at different points in your work, you’ll need to think like a software engineer, a product designer and a data scientist and balance these perspectives
- Impact: the user experiences you create will have a direct impact on our customers perception of the value our product delivers and the speed of the sales cycle
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years of software engineering experience (2+ in a full-stack role)
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners (product managers, designers and data scientists) to deliver a unique user experience.
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Bonus points if you:
- Have a track record of building web applications for data products
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $180,000-$240,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together.