Principal Product Lead, KYB and Identity
We believe that the future of the small business economy runs on data. At Enigma, we’re building a one-stop shop for data on SMBs- the single, most reliable source of data about businesses to unlock new access to capital.
By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. That's why financial leaders like Capital One, Truist, and many other top companies are using Enigma’s data to better serve their small business customers.
As a Principal Product Lead, you will act as the ultimate end-to-end owner for Enigma’s KYB and Identity product line. You will do so by taking in qualitative and quantitative insights from external and internal experts on the market, crafting a compelling and convincing vision for what it will take to win the market, and driving alignment within the company to achieve this vision.
You will own Enigma’s strategy, product roadmap, and operations for winning the KYB and Identity market. You will define the user experience, from awareness and education, to evaluation, and production usage, with a focus on driving maximum value for our customer set.
You will deeply research the needs of customers in your use case, and be responsible for educating and training others within the company to achieve a deep level of expertise via training, knowledge sharing, and feedback synthesis. You will use this qualitative and quantitative research to convince the company and the market of Enigma’s differentiation and strategy advantage. You will also research and build business cases for expanding into new market segments related to KYB and identity.
KYB and Identity is a highly dynamic product line built to serve one of the fastest growing markets in the world. As financial institutions digitize, new payments innovation accelerates, and cross-border businesses continue to boom, understanding the identity and fulfilling recent regulatory requirement needs is critical for anyone offering financial services. Enigma’s strategic advantage for KYB and Identity is in its data science and ML capabilities, and access to exclusive SMB data, so that it is able to provide a 360 view of any business.
This is a job for future aspiring founders, with experience built across product, eng, and GTM functions. You will have frequent and direct access to the company’s executive leadership.
What makes this job interesting:
- Ownership and leadership: you will have the opportunity to grow and lead a product and business line end-to-end.
- Market needs and trajectory: you will have a bird’s eye view on a rapidly developing market opportunity and the ability to project thought leadership within the domain externally.
- Creativity: you will find creative and scrappy solutions and practice “lean startup” methodologies to test concepts and iterate on solutions for an existing slate of customers.
- Network: you will build a strong network of fintech leaders.
We are looking for someone who:
- Craves ownership and accountability
- Has existing domain expertise in the KYB and Identity market
- Has experience leading B2B products or product lines
- Has high attention to detail; can think through the specifics of API structure and data delivery needs from the lens of the customer
- Is deeply empathetic with users and customers, understanding their problems, pain points, workflows, and current solutions
- Is highly data-driven, using qualitative and quantitative insights to drive product recommendations
- Is energized by quickly acquiring expertise in new markets; is hungry to learn about the ways in which the market for SMB data is evolving and untapped needs
- Is passionate about data and the ways in which it can unlock transformative value in businesses - and able to sell this value to senior leaders internally and externally
- Brings strong business acumen, with the ability to run a proof-of-concept or evaluation on their own
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Existing expertise in KYB and Business Identity products
- 5+ years consulting, product management, solutions engineering, or general management experience
- Strong product management experience preferred
- A business-oriented mindset, with the ability to see untapped needs in a market and understand its potential for market segments, industries, and use cases
- Strong data and analytical literacy; understands the nuances of how data is consumed, distributed, and integrated in enterprise applications
Bonus points if you have:
- Python and SQL programming expertise
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values – generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive – guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $150,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together